The fundamental values that guide us are respect and responsability towards partners, society and the environment, the quality of the products and services offered, the uniqueness and professionalism of the team. Assuming them creates the solid reputation of the IBB Group. All these values are inextricably linked to compliance with the law, internal rules and internal regulations, as well as deontology and professional ethics.
What is the compliance policy?
Compliance, as the concept is known, is the commitment to compliance to the law, the rules of ethics and professional ethics, as well as the rules and internal regulations.
When the compliance policy is violated?
When applicable legislation, regulations and rules are or will be violated. The infringement which may materialize in the commission of crime, contraventions, actions of misbehaviour, etc, may concern: unfair commercial practices, corruption, fraud, unfair competition, in a non unlimited manner.
Who can make a complaint?
Any person, employee, collaborator or partner who is aware of or suspects a violation of the law by an employee, collaborator, partner or any other person.
In order to comply with all the above principles and to combat effectively and directly any breach of the law, rules and principles, non-compliance with which may result in criminal, misdemeanor or any other sanction, we provide you with two ways of contact:
Direct contact of the person who will be in charge of receiving and registering the notifications regarding the violation of the Compliance Policy (Compliance).
The Compliance Officer has the following contact details:
Compliance Platform. Compliance IBB is communication chanel through which notifications can be sent warning of a violation of the compliance policy, being a way of reporting internally. To access the platform, press the „ To formular” button. In the first field, you must select the company for which you are filing a notification. In the following fields you will fill in the subject of the notification, the country where the violation took place and, eventually, the area (couty, city, etc.).
The transmission of notifications through the platform can be done in two ways:
The choice between the two options of transmission is made using the option to tick the box for the question "Do you want to receive an answer?" By checking this option, you will then need to fill in the email address on which you want to receive a reply to the notification. By disclosing the e-mail address, the anonymity of the form is waived.
If you wish to keep the anonimity, do not check the box or fill in your email address. Also, in the form of notification, try to avoid information that could lead to your identification (name, surname, pseudonym, phone numer, age, e-mail, etc.).
THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. The processing of personal data is done in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 190/2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC ("Regulation", "GDPR").
2. The IBB Compliance Platform is a communication channel through which any person who finds or suspects breaches of the law, of the rules of professional ethics and deontology and/or of the internal regulations, has the possibility to either contact directly the person who will deal with receiving and registering notifications regarding breaches of the Compliance Policy, or accessing the Online Compliance Platform.
3. The personal data that will be processed are those identification elements (name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, location data, etc.) that are disclosed to the IBB Company when transmitting the notifications that have as object violations by a physical person.
4. Personal data will be processed by IBB within the Compliance Department. If the nature, the object or the complexity so requires, the notification received, possibly containing personal data, will be transmitted, if necessary, to other departments empowered to resolve it (e.g. the legal department).
5. Personal data are processed only during the period of fulfillment of the purpose, during the period necessary for the final settlement of the received notifications.
6. The rights of the data subject - the person whose personal data are processed - are, among other things, the right to information about the data and the purpose of their processing, the right to access the processed data, the right to rectify the processed data, the right to delete data, the right restricting the processing and the right to data portability. Also, considering the basis on which the processing is done (art. 6 paragraph (1) letter f) of the Regulation) you have the right to oppose the processing, in accordance with the provisions of art. 21 of the Regulation. For any other information related to the processing of personal data, you can contact us using the email address: email@example.com.